Thank you for your interest in the Rotary Club of Singer Island! As the president of the club, I would like you to know more about us:
1) We are eager to add your talents, ideas and energy to our club. You are always welcome to attend one of our meetings, meet our members, learn more about what we do, and ask questions. Perhaps the Rotary Club of Singer Island is the solution to having time some extra on your hands, or wanting to be of service without knowing exactly where to place your efforts and enthusiasm.
2) Why Rotary? There is no better organization in terms of achievement, transparency and respectability. Its international programs help millions (whether battling the remainder of polio in the world, building water systems, creating schools, providing mosquito nets…the list is endless). You always know where your money goes. There are no surprises!
3) Rotary is also local. Our club provides substantial scholarship awards to deserving students from our local award winning SunCoast School in Riviera Beach. We have supported many local endeavors where need exists as well as a water project in Mexico, a school in Guatemala, and earthquake victims in Haiti.
4) The Singer Island Rotary is known as the “friendliest club around”. Our meetings have a wonderful mix of locals, "snowbirds", and visitors from all over the world. We are a diverse group of working and retired members who understand the meaning of teamwork.
5) Rotary is “Service Above Self” but we do have FUN! Our lunch meetings are entertaining with members sprinkling each meeting with humor, exchange of ideas and experiences.
For more information on Rotary and how you can get involved with this dynamic service club, please feel free to contact me, John Reid at President@SingerIslandRotary.net